HBAA shares information for easing of restrictions for events
HBAA shares information received from DCMS following Prime Minister’s announcement around the further easing of restrictions for events.
Additional guidance received following the announcement
- Meetings of up to 30 people indoors are now allowed in permitted venues if social distancing can be maintained and the venue can demonstrate that it has followed the Covid-19 guidance.
- From 1 August, exhibition and conference centres are allowed to show small groups (of up to 30 people with social distancing requirements) around to view the facilities and plan future events and to enable government backed pilots to take place. They should not be open fully to host events more widely.
- From 1 October, it is expected that events of all types (e.g. trade shows, consumer shows, exhibitions and conferences) will be allowed at a capacity allowing for compliance with social distancing of 2m, or 1m with mitigation). Where such events involve people speaking loudly for prolonged periods of time, any mitigation must include particular attention to the ventilation of the spaces. This will be subject to the latest public health advice.
The above covers England only. The Visitor Economy guidance has been updated on Gov.UK and is available here. The Association of Event Organisers has also published guidance and further information will be shared on Monday.
From today, 17 July, Government will advise people they may use public transport, while encouraging them to consider alternative means of transport where possible,
From the 1 August, if prevalence remains around or below current levels, the Government will take the following steps:
- Reopen most remaining leisure settings, namely bowling, skating rinks and casinos, accompanied by COVID-19 Secure guidance.
- Enable the restart of indoor performances to a live audience, in line with COVID- 19 Secure guidelines, subject to the success of pilots that are taking place as soon as possible.
- Carry out pilots in venues with a range of sizes of crowds, particularly where congregating from different places, including business events. The pilots (some of which will begin late July) will be carefully monitored and evaluated to inform future decisions on any further relaxation of the rules.
- Enable wedding receptions – sit-down meals for no more than 30 people, subject to COVID-19 Secure guidance.
If prevalence remains around or below current levels into the Autumn, the Government will bring back audiences in stadia, and allow conferences and other business events to recommence in a COVID-19 Secure way, from 1 October.
The full speech can be found here.