A Christmas Carol – Venues of Excellence Style
As the festive season is almost upon us, accompany me on a journey through the Venues of Excellence past, present and yet to come. Let’s share and celebrate our progress, success and exciting plans for 2018.
• The year kicked off in style with our annual conference in January at The Lensbury and underpinned our focus on membership engagement. Throughout the year we welcomed members to 12 events across the country.
• Our member initiative to network together led to three successful educational client fam trips to showcase venues in the Midlands and the South East.
• During the year we have welcomed a phenomenal 11 new members, who join an already impressive list of some of the UK’s most diverse and iconic venues. Most recently we celebrated our 40th member. Since October we have brought onboard Holywell Park Conference Centre, Silverstone Conference and Exhibition Centre, Woodside, Highgate House and Lane End Conference Centre. “Membership has increased by 62% and it doesn’t stop there!” We are thrilled that we will be announcing a few more new members early in the new year – watch this space!
• This year we introduced our stand partnering initiative to enable our venues to increase their presence at leading events such as BNC event, The Meetings Show, and at our own innovative client events.
• Our 2018 plans are well underway and we have seen a huge increase in member venues choosing to partner on stands with Venues of Excellence.
• “Did you know the consortium is now larger than some other UK Independent Hotel chains?” and to show how positive we are looking for the future our enquiry levels and sales conversion have more than doubled compared to last year.
• At this point, I would like to give a personal thank you to Barry, who organised our epic Study Tours and the now infamous Cook and Serve competition to showcase the excellent talent working in your venues – many congratulations to all the winners!
• The Learning and Development Academy has welcomed 175 delegates over the past 18 months with plans afoot to develop our programme in 2018 – look out for our survey to share your thoughts on the academy.
• As a final thought, I would like to thank the Venues of Excellence board for all their support plus thanks to our very own VOE team Nicky, Maria, Sarah, Michelle, and Christine for all their hard work during the year and a very warm welcome to Joanne who will support in business development.
• 2018 promises to be an incredibly exciting year with many exciting sales and marketing initiatives such as the Associations and Training market focus and plans to review and improve our website.
And so, as Tiny Tim said, “A Merry Christmas to us all; God bless us, every one!”
Mandy Jennings, Executive Director