Our membership pledge in response to COVID-19
Venues of Excellence are committed to providing safe environments and to upholding the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness providing peace of mind for our customers, our teams and suppliers.
• Our Member Venues: Venues of Excellence will continue to share ongoing briefings to support our member venues Covid-19 awareness training and enhanced operating procedures.
• Customer Service: Our venue teams of hospitality professionals are always dedicated to delivering outstanding customer care and ensuring the personal safety of our clients and our staff. Our venues will do their utmost to provide options for ease of payment to all guests and delegates.
• Conference and Meeting Rooms: Our venues will adapt their capacities to manage the social distancing guidance, offer staggered meeting times, implement enhanced cleaning schedules, and recommend alternative delegate stationery and equipment.
• Guest Rooms: Our venues will use cleaning and sanitising protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives. In addition, our venues will evaluate their housekeeping schedules whilst resident.
• Public Spaces: Our venues will increase the frequency of cleaning and sanitising in public spaces, manage the customer journey through the venues with a focus on using set entrances and exits, the counter at the welcome reception, lifts and lift buttons, door handles, public bathroom, room keys.
• Food and Beverage: Our venues will review its food service style to deliver a contact free service (e.g.social distancing, use of PPE where appropriate and food and beverage delivery) In addition, we will continue to adjust food and beverage service served to meeting rooms and guest room service, including bedroom tea/coffee supplies in accordance with current food safety recommendations.
• Back of House: Our venues will be ensuring all our teams go through a robust training programme before returning to work and we will increase the frequency of cleaning, focussing on areas such as staff entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and staff offices to protect their team members. This includes providing a clear instruction for all suppliers delivering to our venues and how such deliveries are handled.